How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter - Two Ingredients!
2lb of Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts
Your backyard birds, also love this homemade peanut butter. I have found the best tasting homemade version is when you use dry roasted and salted peanuts, but you don't have to.
You can use raw natural peanuts so that there are zero added ingredients. It all depends on your tastes.
The same with the oil you use, this can add a slightly different flavour, although you do not need much oil. I have found a food processor makes quick work of this recipe.
Peanut Butter Recipe
4 cups shelled, salted, dry roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon safflower or other mild flavored vegetable oil.
If you want a creamier style, then use the food processor for longer. For crunchier texture do not process as long.
Working in batches (that your machine can handle) process the peanuts and the oil until the desired consistency is achieved. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
And that's IT!!
You can use this peanut butter to make any recipes for yourself or for your backyard birds. Check out my page on
OW TO MAKE BIRD SUET
and you can use it in that recipe.
Commercial peanut butter uses sugar, some brands use a lot and so you may find at first it tastes different but you get used to it quickly and your backyard birds will love it too. They don't really need the added sugar either.
Just remember... that homemade peanut butter, does not have the preservatives that the store bought one does, and HAS to be kept in the refrigerator, and only lasts one month.
So only make enough for what you will need.
- How to Make Bird Suet
- Finch and Canary Treat
- Hummingbird Food
- Unique Hummingbird Feeders
- How to Make a Bird Seed Wreath
- Homemade Bird Seed Ornaments
- How to Make Homemade Bird Seed Cakes
- Homemade Peanut Butter
- Freeze Dried Mealworms for Sale
- How to Make an Edible Bird Feeder or House
- How to Make a Bird Feeder Out of Egg Cartons
- Natural Homemade Bird Feeder - Using Pine Cones
- Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder
- Orange Slice Bird Feeder
- How to Make a Soda Bottle Bird Feeder
- Unique Bird Feeders
- Fruit Bird Feeders - Oriole Feeder
- Wild Bird Feeders
- Window Bird Feeder
- Bird Feeder Camera
- Unique Birdhouses
- Bird Food for Robins
- What Do Blue Jays Eat?
- Peanut Wreath Bird Feeder
- Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder
- Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder Pole
- Unique Bird Baths
- Heated Bird Bath
- Gifts for Bird Lovers